dcc interface

Is it possible to build from a kit a DCC interface to be used with decoder pro software and a Laptop. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul

I was thinking about something similar. Have you seen SPROG?

As far as I have seen so far they do ready built kits but i'm waiting to be accepted on their yahoo group so I can find out more.

The SPROG II homepage is at

Personally what I have read suggests it is a bit limited. I think £40 is slightly overpriced but then i don't know exactly what components go into it.

You can read their forum at:

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Yes, you need a SPROG kit, see

Keith

Reply to
Keith

.... and these:

Pete

Reply to
Pete

We don't actually sell the kits anymore. The prices on the web page are for fully assembled, tested units.

Members of MERG can buy kits for the older SPROG (functionally the same, but uses a larger PCB and some metal bashing is needed for the case). Be aware that these kits use surface mount components.

Regards,

Andrew Crosland

google

Pete,

I'm always interested in feedback.

What limitations do you perceive? Used with DecoderPro, SPROG II can program virtually any decoder, including most sound decoders which are notoriously difficult, sometimes requiring additional "programming boosters" with other commercial systems.

The price is for a fully assembled unit, not a kit, so you are paying for someone's time as well as the components.

Regards,

Andrew Crosland

google

I can only comment as a satisfied customer, but SPROG is invaluable, and well worth the £50 (I bought the USB version). I can now program decoders in any way possible, and using the decoder pro software tweak away to my hearts content.

Reply to
John Ruddy