DCC Question

No issue at all with the default settings of a "standard" decoder. It should simply work with headlights one end and tail lights the other. Reversing the direction of the loco, will reverse the head/tail lights. If you want to the red lights to work independently, there is a simple mod using the green and purple wires of a 4-function decoder.

If you require details of the mod, e-mail me, replacing nospamplease with newbryford.freeserve in the email

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

Hi Ian, do you have diagrams / instructions for this mod to the '66 that you could possibly send to me?? Remove spamtraps...

TIA Graham

Reply to
Graham Kendall

Unless of course a clever chap called Mick very kindly supplies you with the information to wire the tail lights up seperatly!

Still trying to decide if doing the hornby 60 is worth the seemigly complicated effort!

Reply to
Piemanlarger

You would need a different decoder to perform the mods as Mick said, you need a four function decoder (suggest lenz gold of John Turner) with green and purple wires.

Reply to
Piemanlarger

Thanks for the compliment - details sent to Graham Kendall.

I've now got another 60 to do - I'm still trying to decide if it's worth the effort as well....... Another project is a Fragon 31 with new lights - I think I'll have a spare pcb for a 31 after this job!! Biggest headache in the near future is going to be fitting 7 (yes- SEVEN) LED's in a DRS 20 cab............... I think I'll have to consult my swear word dictionary for a few new words

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

I think they are re badged MRC decoders as is the main unit.

Chris

Reply to
Chris