Distance between platforms

I've got two standard Hornby platforms either side of two tracks which have the standard 6.7 cm separation but I don't know what the separation between the platforms themselves should be.

As I'm going to fix the platforms to the baseboard and may buy a Hornby R076 footbridge or R334 over-roof I ned to know the exact distance between the centres of the platforms.

If anyone has either of the above could you please measure the exact distance between the fixing holes in the platforms.

Thanks in advance...

Edthedoc

Reply to
Tom Alexi

Hi Tom

Don't know if this helps but According to the diagram I've got (British Rail Standards Chart 1968) the edge of the platform shout be in OO 11mm from nearest rail as a MINIMUM (i.e. on a straight track as for Hornby ??? the nearest a building should be is 24mm from the platform edge and a bridge pillar is 21.25mm from the rail (the prototype distances in feet are 2.4 ,6 & 5.33 respectively)

-- Merry Christmas

From Gray The Madcaravanner from Chesterfield

You don't have to be mad but it helps

Reply to
Gray

Thanks for that, but I suspect the distance between the posts of the Hornby footbridge or over-roof may be different. I'll contact Hornby to ask them.

Reply to
Tom Alexi