Hornby Virtual Railway

Got myself a new copy of the Hornby Virtual Railway (Version 2) only to find that it gives Illegal Operations on both my WinXP and Win98 machines. Installed patch and fixed Win98 machine, but I would like it to work on the XP computer.

Any ideas as to what has gone wrong?

Neil Brown

Reply to
Neil Brown

Which version of xp? i have it running ok on a brand new machine with xp home. It works fine on my sons win2k as well. haven't tried it on xp pro......

What's your spec memory, graphic card etc.. I'd start looking at graphics to start

My impression is that it's much slower than v1, and why the lack of things like turntables......

stuart

Reply to
old git

Patch no. 4? It needed that in order to work on my XP box.

Guy === May contain traces of irony. Contents liable to settle after posting.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Got myself a new copy of the Hornby Virtual Railway (Version 2) only to find that it gives Illegal Operations on both my WinXP and Win98 machines. Installed patch and fixed Win98 machine, but I would like it to work on the XP computer.

Any ideas as to what has gone wrong?

Neil Brown

Reply to
Neil Brown

You're using a Micro$oft operating system.

-- Confirmed Mac Addict

Reply to
Joe Ellis

HVR2 worked fine straight out of the box on my XP machine. No patches at all.

Although that doesn't help with the matter much, it is XP compatible straight from the box. Have you tried running it in an "administrator" account, rather than a non-adminstrator account? (Microsoft's train simulator has the same issue).

Simon

Reply to
Simon