Hornby Virtual Railway 2 and curved points R8074 & R8075

Hi,

Could someone please help me. I don=92t know if I trying to do the impossible, if I still haven=92t chosen the right track combination or if Hornby Virtual Railway 2 is just a pile of junk.

I want to make a double oval track, the outer oval using radius 3 curves with an inner oval using radius 2 curves. Fine no problems there that works, then what I wanted to do was join the two ovals together using the curved points. Now please visualise in front of you two ovals of track with the curves at the left and right hand ends.

What I=92d like to do is use curved point R8075 in place of the 1st rad

3 curve at the top right hand end of the outer oval and join to a R8074 on the inner rad 2 oval. I=92d like the train to be able to run trains clockwise from the outer track onto the inner track.

My problem is no matter what track combinations I use, I can=92t get the ovals to meet up again. I can just about get them to join up, but when I work around the ovals they are misaligned.

Can somebody please put me out of my misery, I=92ve been trying on and off for days to do this and it=92s driving me nuts.

Thanks

Oscar

Reply to
Oscar

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 05:38:54 -0800 (PST), Oscar said in :

The latter. I have canned it.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Download and print:

You'll see that

a) the R8075 goes on the R2 curve, and the R80745 on the R3 -- IOW, you=20 have it backwards; and b) you need filler pieces (short curves) to make it work.

Hornby's website is a pain to navigate. You'd think that the link to=20 this page would be on every page displaying track pieces. I had to=20 search on "track geometry" to find it. Bah!

I have no experience with HVR.

HTH

--=20 Wolf Kirchmeir

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Download and print:

You'll see that

a) the R8075 goes on the R2 curve, and the R80745 on the R3 -- IOW, you have it backwards; and b) you need filler pieces (short curves) to make it work. Hornby's website is a pain to navigate. You'd think that the link to this page would be on every page displaying track pieces. I had to search on "track geometry" to find it. Bah!

I have no experience with HVR.

HTH

Wolf Kirchmeir

Thanks, sorry should have said I've seen that and got it to work. But it's not what I wanted to do. I'd like to run from the 3rd radius oval on to the 2nd radius oval not the other way around as this shows. I'm guessing then it can't be done.

Oscar

Reply to
Oscar

Mirror image of that - something like it in the track plans book (10th ed p

29), something like r607 r643 r8074 r643 r606 r607 r8075

Could send an email with proper diag.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon