Hornby Virtual Railway

Hi

I am using the first version of this. How do you change the angle and rotate bits of track and points? I can't see how and can't find out anywhere?

Thanks

Replay on list only

Reply to
Mike

Come on someone must know :-)

Reply to
Mike

"Mike" wrote

Why? You might be the only person in the whole world who bought one of these! ;-)

Personally the concept of Hornby style trainset design does nothing for me, therefore I've not even taken a look at one.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

:-) ha ha

There must be more, anyway I won mine from BRM!

Reply to
Mike

Hornbys web site has a FAQ

Reply to
Rob

Reply to
jimedvic

I used this to plan my layout. It is a bit restricted since everything just connects to the first bit of track you place - I don't think you can rotate the layout, but you can select parts of it (or all) and move them around.

Once you lay down the first piece of track, you can change where the next piece connects by clicking near to the end you want to join on to. When adding new sections, move the new part near to the marked end of the existing track and it will 'magically' attach with the correct alignment once you release the mouse button. Moving different ends of curves or points near to the attachment marker will cause them to rotate into position.

A word of warning - save often as my copy starts to slow down, then hang after a lot of adding and deleting. Sometimes it seems not to save the current project, but will save to a new name. Once it starts playing up, the only option is to quit and restart.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Thanks chaps

What I want to do is move the bits around and change the angle etc.

Reply to
Mike

Sorry. If you had version 2...

Reply to