Hornby Virtual Railway 1

Having just updated my computer's OS, I have just reinstalled this program and the three available patches from Hornby's site and found myself getting back into using it yesterday for rough planning of a bedroom wall layout.

Couple of questions:

How do I rotate (by 90 degrees) the pieces of track?

Is there a dedicated discussion forum for users of the system?

Reply to
Brian Watson

I might be wrong, but I don't think you can. The angle of the track is determined by the piece you are connecting it to.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

FFS, it's a toy, AutoCAD is that way ===>>>

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Yes. Wonderful isn't it? :)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

!

Anyone know if there's a User Group for it?

Reply to
Brian Watson

That's why I gave up after a couple of sessions. Couldn't see any advantage over laying out paper templates or settrack itself. Luckily I didn't pay anything for it.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Well, having sorted out its idiosyncrasy of having to start with a horizontal piece, I have just laid out a tentative track plan on a "baseboard" that I first edited down to the space I have available in my room.

Looking at it has revealed some errors in operation that I would have encountered, so that's a plus, as is the fact that aligning track sections is more accurate in HVR than using paper templates and waaaay cheaper than buying a load of track (especially points and crossings) "on spec."

Of course it's not AutoCAD, but as a relatively cheap tool for trying out a number of options I'm now finding it useful.

Reply to
Brian Watson