Hornby 2004 Calendar

The January issue of "British Railway Modelling", just out, includes a give away 2004 calender sponsored by Hornby. Quite a few illustrations of next years re-liveried locos e.g

34051 Winston Churchill, Battle of Britain, late emblem ; 46251 City of Nottingham, Coronation maroon, late emblem; 48073, 8F with yellow cabside stripes, riveted tender as on Severn Valley; 4086 Builth Castle, GWR Castle; 86 220 The Round Tabler, Anglia Railways class 86; 50 018 Resolution, rail blue, small logo; 50 045 Achilles, Network South East; 58 047 Manton Colliery,two tone grey, sector; 56 131 Ellington Colliery, large logo blue; and finally D7046 class 35 Hymek .No indication as to whether this will be upgraded or is intended to compete with Heljan on price.

There is also quite a nice new signal box in the Skaledale range.

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

"David Westerman" wrote

Nothing significantly new there then. Funny how this information is regarded as top secret until Hornby release their 2004 trade order forms, but they're happy to share it with all and sundry via BRM. :-/

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Plus a pair of 37's in Mainline Blue (one is named I think) - at least they haven't done another set in EWS.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Davies

In message , Richard Davies writes

How do you know?

As I see it, this calendar tells us nothing about Hornby's plans for

2004.
Reply to
John Sullivan

"John Sullivan" wrote

John, For the past 3(?) years BRM has been doing this calendar featuring Hornby models, and strange enough, the models pictured (i.e.Loco X number xxxx) came out in the next years range in the year the calendar was for, a sort of sneak preview! Granted, it says nothing for any new model designs in the pipeline, only what liveries\numbers to expect on the 12 models featured.

-- Andy Sollis Churnet Valley Model Railway Department (Remove the Standard Tank from E-mail to reply)

Andrew Sollis CVMRD

So what do you people think Hornby have new planned??

Steam.

Unrebuilt M/Navy Rebuilt W/Country. "Clan" Brittania

Disiesel Class 31 Some sort of runaway coach set up!

Reply to
piemanlarger

"piemanlarger" wrote

Five newly tooled Gresley LNER coaches for sure; I've seen some of the artwork.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Damn! Practically all the stock I have built up over the last several years has been superseded. I suppose the LMS coaches are next.

Reply to
MartinS

In message , Andrew Sollis CVMRD writes

Exactly.

If what's featured in the calendar is all of Hornby's new issues, then it is going to be a very disappointing year.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Fingers crossed. With the non-arrival of the Bachmann Jinty, I'm running out of fingers. (I look forward to seeing how they handle teak.) It'll probably stop me buying a Q1 - "cross-London freight" is a dangerous and expensive excuse.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Dickerson

Our local newsagent is still selling December's issue. So I checked the BRM website for the release date and that is still advertising Septembers' issue available August 14th!!!

Reply to
Andrew

Southern EMU's!!!!

Oh sorry, I was daydreaming

Reply to
Rob

In message , Rob writes

Nah, should be Bachmann that do proper SR EMUs, as they've already got the decent Mk1 bodies to work from. Hornby could probably do well by producing a model of the 375 and derivatives though, to go with their Connex Networker.

Reply to
Spyke

"Spyke" <

Hals, Lavs, Cors et al, Bils, etc, all have Mk1 bodies?

Not in my day they didn't.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Roger T

Dunno about that, but Ian Allan's "British Railway Coaches" reckons that

4-CEP, 4-BEP, 2-EPB and 2-HAP stock *do* have Mk1 bodies. So does the LMR London suburban stock. I would buy a set of this, despite the fact that it would be almost as out of place on my layout as the Bulleids.

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Ah Enzo, but are they true "Southern" units, or BR(S) units?

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

In message , Spyke writes

A 4-car Networker would be nice, first.

Reply to
John Sullivan

David Westerman wrote in >Message-id:

Just got the Calendar included with BRM.

Admiring the pic of 50 018 "Resolution" in blue livery. I noticed that the lower bodyside, where I think there is a subtle curve inwards, appears to be rendered in a lighter blue colour than the rest of the body.

Is this the case on the actual model livery and if so was it to be seen on the prototype, or is it a case of computer enhancement of the photo?

Tommy

Reply to
Tommy

"Tommy " wrote

Trick of the light?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John Turner wrote in >Message-id:

Oh, I think it its a trick alright, John.

That's where the light green should have been (if only).

That blue livery again!. I know it's becoming increasingly popular but it did nothing for the appearance of diesels and I think Hornby realised that before they authorised the printing of that pic.

Tommy (running for cover!)

Reply to
Tommy