Ebay sales

He's bitching about the ebay sellers' habit of putting "Lima (like Hornby, Bachmann)" in the description to try to pick up people looking for a specific manufacturer and sell them something else instead. Guy
Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?
Oh the fun of the language on ebay. My favourite is 'possibly DJH but hope anyone could help identify the manufacturer' when theres not a cat in hells chance of it being one of theres.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
And I have now started reporting them to Ebay, and guess what?
Ebay pull them!
Also berated one seller as it filled my search but was not the make I wanted.
Reply to
Martin
Some time back an ebay "trader" was selling "museum quality" O-scale models built from DJH kits, showing DJH's own photos rather than his own. While the storm was developing he even managed to place ads in the Gauge O Guild gazette for "museum quality" models at a much lower price than normal.
I think he spent some time as a guest of Her Majesty
Reply to
Christopher A. Lee
I don't remember him.
I'm an O-gauger and this was hot news in the 7mm yahoo group for a while.
A friend was one of those caught out. On the other hand he's had some good stuff off ebay, including what turned out to be a Beeson King - one of his earlier tinplate models not his later custom stuff.
ISTR Phillip Millard of Home of O Gauge was part of the effort to go after the perp.
Reply to
Christopher A. Lee
aka expert on LNWR coaches ?
I remember Aldo - what a character, talk about extreme. Bet he's still around doing something dodgy, he wouldnt be able to anything different.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon
I know don't reply .... I've had some nice things off ebay, no real dogs. Had to smile at the whitemetal kit loco that was as light as a feather. Got a brass jinty the other week, GBP25, almost certainly a Gibson one (saw trader at NEC with same kit, unbuilt gbp56). Beautifully made - if only I could solder that well, beautifully painted and level evenly spaced transfers. Never run as didnt have pickups on one side with plastic centred wheells.
Cheers, Simon
Reply to
simon

Site Timeline