Giant model railway heads to Furness

North West Evening Mail

Friday 27th February 2009

" The 45 ft long, 00 gauge model of Liverpool=92s Lime Street Station, believed to be the biggest train layout ever to visit Barrow=92s annual model railway show, will be at Forum 28 from April 10 to 12. "

Chris

PS 'Jerry' please do NOT read this as you will consider it 'litter'.

One question I do have for you 'Jerry' & please do not be offended !

Are you on the Autistic Spectrum ?

It would explain a great deal.

Reply to
Dragon Heart

This is not uk.rec.newspapers.local ...

Reply to
Jerry

I'm busy now. Can I ignore you some other time?

Reply to
chris.brett58

: : I'm busy now.

No doubt searching through your clipping service report to find more wafer thin topical URLs to post :~(

If this was a Horological group, with idiots like you around there would be nothing more than local newspaper reports of Mr or Mrs Blogs being awarded a watch or carriage clock upon their retirement!...

Reply to
Jerry

Talking of horology you remind me of an old clock with no hands, you may keep perfect time but no one can tell.

I'd like to leave you with one thought, but I'm not sure you have anywhere to put it !

Reply to
chris.brett58

I saw that layout in a very early state just over a year ago; it looked good even then and should be even more so by now. Definitely worth a visit if you get the chance to see it.

Mark

-- Blog:

Mark Goodge

: > No doubt searching through your clipping service report to find : > more wafer thin topical URLs to post :~( : >

: > If this was a Horological group, with idiots like you around : > there would be nothing more than local newspaper reports of Mr or : > Mrs Blogs being awarded a watch or carriage clock upon their : > retirement!... : > -- : : Talking of horology you remind me of an old clock with no hands, you : may keep perfect time but no one can tell. :

But that is your problem, it still keeps perfect time and anyone with a clue will soon discover the correct time if they really want to, the indications are there if one knows anything of the subject...

Reply to
Jerry

Save your breath ... You'll need it to blow up your date.

Reply to
chris.brett58

What always gets me is that these large layouts run smoothly at all. They normally come in several pieces and some of the exhibition areas are not always level. They are clearly very well planned and constructed.

Chris

Reply to
chris.brett58

: What always gets me is that these large layouts run : smoothly at all. They normally come in several pieces : and some of the exhibition areas are not always level. : They are clearly very well planned and constructed.

It's not rocket science, anyone with a clue knows that!...

Reply to
Jerry

This is one of the very rare occasions in what you are saying is true ..... no it's not rocket science but it does take care, preparation and forethought don't you think. ?

Chris

Reply to
chris.brett58

: > : What always gets me is that these large layouts run : > : smoothly at all. They normally come in several pieces : > : and some of the exhibition areas are not always level. : > : They are clearly very well planned and constructed. : >

: > It's not rocket science, anyone with a clue knows that!... : : : This is one of the very rare occasions in what you are saying is : true ..... no it's not rocket science but it does take care, : preparation and forethought don't you think. ? :

No, just the right sort of male-female joiners on the baseboard sections and an acknowledgement that floors are *never* level. I would have agreed with you 20 or 30 years ago when nothing much more than 'flap-back' hinges with their pins removed were available, but for the last 20 years or so there has been all number of commercial products available or published ideas (for both levelling and alignment), some are even routinely found in DIY sheds or ironmongers.

Reply to
Jerry

How much does it cost an exhibition to have this size of layout attend, assuming they have to pay for transport, accomodation?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q