Honby Zero1 Phase3 equipment ..

Hi group,

just been browsing through, and you seem to be the bunch who could help me.

About 7 years ago I had a OO scale train set in the loft, but times changed and I needed the space.

How ever I've gotten the urge to have another layout. hence my question:-

I have a Zero1 setup, and had the 'Phase 3' display boards fitted to it, I still have the whole setup, but wondered if anyone knew where I could get more of these display boards and modules? Also looking for the accessory modules.........OK some might say why bother there are newer DCC systems around, but I like the fact that this was the first (I think) and it does what I want it to do.

Oh one other thing, are there any circuit diagrams of the zero1 system, so if I can't get ready built modules, I might be able to build my own.

Cheers

-- Dan Allen Events Sec:- Home Counties Land Rover Club Webmaster:- Enfield Scout Sailing Association Webmaster:- Hoddesdon Radio Club Ham Call sign:- M1ETN, M3ETN Email:- snipped-for-privacy@nospam.valvesunlimited.demon.co.uk Web Site:-

Radio Club:-
Counties Landrover Club:-
Enfield Scout Sailing Association:-
Radio Address:- M1ETN@GB7TUT.#32.GBR.EU

  • Nothing is illegal until you get caught* Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE:
Dan Allen

You will have to frequent secondhandstalls/dealers and ebay to get more,

MERG, has quite a lot of information and kits for replacement keyboards. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

I have 20x Zero 1 Loco Modules in unopened packets, selling for a friend here in New Zealand, if anyone is interested.

Jeff Law Mt Maunganui New Zealand

Reply to
Jeff Law

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 17:55:19 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com (Keith Norgrove) spilled forth with the follow words of wisdom:

Thanks for the info

Reply to
Dan Allen

I have 20 unopened Hornby Zero 1 Loco Modules on eBay (#3145380205) at the moment.

The auction is due to expire later today.

I am happy to ship anywhere in the world.

Jeff Law New Zealand

Reply to
Jeff Law

Phil: You could just try cleaning the contacts on each of the display modules: the system used a serial distribution based on detecting a load (plugged in led) at any module position, (and had to be 'taught' how many leds there were by the 'programming' mode) -- a dodgy contact on say one of the leds eg 23left will cause 23left to be displayed on 24left ans the otrhers shiofted on by one (but not necessarily 23 right....) -- so cleanliness is next to godliness on those contact pins - just connecting them a few times will help to clean the contacts.

After that, since it has no moving parts, it is reliable. (I have the maximum number of modules (130 poins/signals 99 addresses) packed into a 2metre display which can be seen at

(easier to remember) and follow the domestic link, or go directly with:

and click on the picture of the micromimic

I have half changed to dcc: I used a 4 wire distribution system for zero-1 (track and accessories) and have the track on dcc, and accessories on Z-1 so that I can continue to use the micromimic!

Reply to
Phil