Hurrah for Peco!

Nightmare scenario: carefully ballasted round a point, only to find it wasn't careful enough and the thing would not lock off. Fortunately it's a Peco point with the spring block held in place by metal tabs. Opened the tabs, lifted off the bias spring and bock, and found a piece of grit in the middle. Cleaned, lightly oiled, reassembled, and it now works a treat. Three cheers for repairable!

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

archerjon

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:38:40 +0100, "archerjon" said in :

Aye. And a bit fiddlier - I needed my extra small pliers.

Bought by the wife when she worked as an analytical chemist, for fettling Perkin Elmer HPLCs. Or something.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

What's an HPLC when it's at home?

Rob.

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

Reply to
Rob Wilson

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 22:21:27 +0100, Rob Wilson said in :

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Oh that's interesting....always wondered how you analyse a compound...suppose that what they did to Kryptonite in the Superman 2.

Yes I know it's only pretend.....

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Wilson