In the 'Glasshouse !

As a child I used to have one of those Triang ( ? ) metal signal boxes with the flat roof. Never really thought about what it was based on but in this months British Railway Modelling is a six page article on the 'Odeon' or 'Glasshouse' signal boxes of the 1930's Southern Region. Wait a minute that looks a bit like .......... Apart from rust blemishes they were a good example of design economy.

They have one of the Triang ones on the layout @ Butterley but has been 'upgraded' with glazed windows and internal lighting.

The 'OO' layout, which as recently been rebuilt, is run by Alfreton Model Railway Society and the layout & staff are very child friendly. You can also get Hornby kit at 20% RRP and their own loco / truck lighting kits for about =A34 or =A35.

Was the Triang steel footbridge also of Southern origin ? All the ones I can recall in my childhood had open 'mesh' type sides.

Chris

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

Reply to
Dragon Heart

: As a child I used to have one of those Triang ( ? ) : metal signal boxes with the flat roof.

Originally made by Hornby-Doublo, then continued by Tri-ang when they bought the bankrupt Hornby-Doublo to form Tring-Hornby ...

HD also did a nice model of a art-deco Southern station building along with a SR style concrete footbridge. It's a regret that we disposed of our extensive HD 3 rail stuff in the early 1970s, even the owner of "Chuffs" (the one near Bank LU station) tried to convince us to carry on collecting...

Reply to
Jerry

My footbridge looked like this

updated version is available
My 3 rail collection went at about the same time as yours 'Jerry' .... to pay for a Scalextric set :-( Some children with no room for a permanent layout would benefit from a similar system today. The spares for the rolling stock must be getting in very short supply.

I have seen a few Bogie Bolster & Brick wagons plus the signal box and footbridge at exhibitions but not seen any track for some time.

Chris

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

Reply to
chris.brett58

I've still got my HD 3 rail stuff all boxed in original boxes.

One of these days I will start railway modelling again. But I fancy 009

Is the 3 rail HD stuff worth anyth>>

Reply to
archerjon

Some of it is, and as you have the original boxes even more so...

Reply to
Jerry

This will give you some idea of shop prices for the stuff :-

and auction prices

Chris

It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of fight in the dog.

PS Identity crisis 'Jerry' Cann ........... no it's been like it for months. Good so see you're so quick off the mark.

You are following Troll format 'Jerry' Cann .... attempt to distract attention from your own Troll antics by blaming someone else .... sorry 'Jerry' Cann but that wont work on this group !

What next ? .... log onto the group under an additional profile or two .......... or have you already done that !

Reply to
chris.brett58

: :

That is not the same "Chuffs" as I previously mentioned, or at least I don't think so!

Reply to
Jerry