LNER Coaches

Hi all Me and a mate are building an exhibition layout using Hornby live steam (which places the layout in LNER and big four era) and need some advice as we are both BR Southern guys. We plan to have a private siding where a suitable directors coach will be located. Ive searched the internet and seen one in preservation on the bluebell but nothing from Hornby or Bachman. Anyone know of kits available or have any other ideas Thanks as always Rob

Reply to
Rob

BPM ( Britannia Pacific Models do a inspection saloon, don't know if its ok for LNER though ). it looks like either BR or LMS origin, the box has it in Regional Railways livery, I think it has also been in EWS too Simon

Model Depot

Also looking for a lowloader of some kind. The premis is that the wealthy land owner will have his own coach and a lowloader for his Bently. Any help?? Thanks as always Rob

Reply to
Rob

Hopefully he doesn't have any luggage with him since Hornby couldn't be arsed to make a Gresley full brake.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Yep that helped! NOT

Reply to
Rob

By your period, more likely to be a covered carriage truck (CCT) with his nibs booking a first class compartment.

Reply to
John Bishop

In message , kim writes

Which is a pity, as they roamed all over BR, whereas not all the other types did.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Parkside make an LNER-design 4-wheel CCT kit in 4mm scale, but can't remember if it's one of the sort with end doors as used for motor vehicle traffic.

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york

Some years ago I wanted to build an Inspection Saloon for myself and wrote to the North Yorks Moors Railway who put me in touch with the owner of a lovely directors' saloon. He very kindly sent me a photocopy of the drawings for said saloon. Try writing the NYMR and see what you can get out of them, I found them very helpful. Mike in British Columbia

Reply to
michael gray