Mamod Steam Loco gauge question

Although I've spent a few weeks reading posts I'm pretty new to this newsgroup, so apologies in advance if I've posted off charter.

Does anyone know if the Mamod steam engines

which are O guage can run on any O gauge track? I'm sure I've seen cheaper track than the £23 a box for official Mamod stuff.

-- XBL gamertag: planty