Mamod cast track

Hi guys. Anyone know of a supplier for Mamod cast track for my G scale in Canada or the States. Thanks in advance.

Stu

Reply to
stuuder

If it's G gauge (45mm between the rails) track, any brand will do.

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Mamod do cast 32mm gauge track. I'm 99.9% sure they _don't_ do 45mm gauge. They do (sometimes) offer their 0-4-0 tank with longer axles and cylinder spacers to fit 45mm gauge, but no track to suit.

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Reply to
stuuder

I've checked out Mamod's website, and they offer O gauge, _not_ G gauge. That's 32mm gauge, not 45mm gauge. Regardless, it's non-standard. It seems rather expensive to me, at 33.80GBP for eight pieces. AFAIK, there are no North American sources.

I suppose there might be a problem running live steam engines on standard O gauge track (plastic ties, nickel silver rail), but if there isn't, I would personally bite the bullet and convert to another brand of O gauge track. It's about half the price. Atlas track:

Gargraves track:
But if using standard O gauge track is a hazard, then I'm afraid you are stuck with importing Mamod's track from the UK.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I haven't heard of any problems with Uk modellers using Peco track (they provide track with the correct sleepers for SM-32, although the range is more limited than thier 0-Gauge track). UV stability might be a problem with some makes of track, though.

Reply to
Philip Shaw

Reply to
stuuder