Mamod cast track

Hi guys. Anyone know of a supplier for Mamod cast track for my G scale in Canada or the States. Thanks in advance.
Stu

stuuder wrote:

If it's G gauge (45mm between the rails) track, any brand will do.
--
wolf k.

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Mamod do cast 32mm gauge track. I'm 99.9% sure they _don't_ do 45mm gauge. They do (sometimes) offer their 0-4-0 tank with longer axles and cylinder spacers to fit 45mm gauge, but no track to suit.
Greg.P.
Thanks guys, but the track I have latches together with two opposite hooks on the end tie, so its a specific track, unlike others that slip together, by the actual male-female rail coupling.
stuuder wrote:

stuuder wrote:

I've checked out Mamod's website, and they offer O gauge, _not_ G gauge. That's 32mm gauge, not 45mm gauge. Regardless, it's non-standard. It seems rather expensive to me, at 33.80GBP for eight pieces. AFAIK, there are no North American sources.
I suppose there might be a problem running live steam engines on standard O gauge track (plastic ties, nickel silver rail), but if there isn't, I would personally bite the bullet and convert to another brand of O gauge track. It's about half the price. Atlas track: http://www.atlaso.com/catrequest/order_cat.asp
Gargraves track: http://www.gargraves.com/o.php
But if using standard O gauge track is a hazard, then I'm afraid you are stuck with importing Mamod's track from the UK.
HTH
--
wolf k.

I haven't heard of any problems with Uk modellers using Peco track (they provide track with the correct sleepers for SM-32, although the range is more limited than thier 0-Gauge track). UV stability might be a problem with some makes of track, though.
You've been a lot of help, looks like I will convert. Thanks again