Inexpensive people & trees

Has anyone bought any of the inexpensive people and / or trees that are almost always in the HO section of eBay? While they first started advertising the people as 1:100 or 1:75 scale, they are now advertising them as HO scale 1:87. And they look to be reasonably painted... maybe not like Preisser(?) figures but certainly better than I could do myself.

And there are almost always trees for sale as well. I just happened on the Bachmann site and saw some nice looking trees... at about $6 each. Ouch! But the ones for sale on eBay appear to be pretty nice at a faction of that cost.

While I know that you can't always go on feedback, it would appear at least on the surface that they are fairly well ranked.

Just curious... anyone tried either of them?

dlm

------------------------------------------- Dan L. Merkel

Reply to
Dan Merkel

Nope. But I have gotten the Bachman, I think, unpainted figures, which are a *lot* cheaper, and painted them myself.

mark "don't forget to dullcote *them*"

Reply to
mark

300 pieces for around $23.50 (including shipping) isn't too bad. I was just wondering if anyone had tried any of them...

dlm

Reply to
Dan Merkel

I have. I´ve ordered several batches of them of different scales and, for that price, quality is quite acceptable. The seller was virtualvillage (ebay.de). The postage costs are reasonable and, at least here, when ordered just 2, max. 3 items (packages) at a time, there were no custom fees as the customs were not interrested in such a small parcel. The colors are quite bright and include pink, orange and light green on trousers and coats, but these can be easily overpainted where needed, of course.

The trees are mostly rather small but there are also larger ones available. They also sell street lamps, which are quite cheap as well. The white street lamps need a drop of paint being very plastic-sh but many of the black ones were quite good. The voltage is some 6,5 Volts but putting 2-3 lamps in series, that is no problem.

Kimmo T. Lumirae Lempäälä, Finland

"Dan Merkel" kirjoitti viestissä:VYW1k.3631$ snipped-for-privacy@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com...

Reply to
Kimmo T. Lumirae