Masokits sprung bogies

I'm thinking of making a couple of carriages with sprung suspension. Does anyone on this ng have any knowledge or experience of the Masokits coach bogie spinging systems. I've seen the Masokits website but would like to know how easy they are to make and do they work well?

Cheers John

Reply to
RJR

RJR said the following on 25/07/2007 10:37:

I don't have knowledge of the Masokits bogies other than that they appear fiendishly complex, but have you tried Bill Bedford's sprung bogies? They do go together nicely, although you will need cosmetic sideframes from another source such as MJT or Comet.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Didn't know of Bill Bedford's product. Just been to his web site and it looks interesting though more expensive the the Masokits. Thanks for the info.

John

Reply to
RJR

I have no experience of Masokits but my opinion is that sprung suspension is more trouble than it's worth unless you are using scale or near scale wheel/flange/track standards. A rigid bogie is going to sit on the track like a three legged stool and proprietry track turnouts only marginally support sheels through the frog area. A rigid bogie under traction tension will hold the wheels near level as they pass through a turnout whereas an equalised or sprung bogie will drop a wheel into the frog gap. The sprung bogie will actually force the wheel into the gap.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter