mechanical point control

Hello

I am looking for inspiration on mechanical point control for OO. Maybe someone manufactures something close to reel life as used years ago and in some places today - a system of rods & cranks going over rollers to operate the points. Any ideas please. Thanks

Reply to
technical123

You may want to check out the earlier thread entitled "Mercontrol".

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Thanks for the help, almost there- any thoughts on rods to operate points that do not go through tubes -

- I realise it could be difficult owing to scale sizing & strength but wondered if it was possible. Thanks

Reply to
technical123

Yes, you can try that way...but I wish you luck.

Some time ago I built a small 00 layout to demonstrate the workings of a signal box, showing how points and signals etc could be changed. The system worked OK but required constant adjustment due to the expansion/contraction of the rods and lost motion. The (fuse) wire and pulleys were particularly susceptible and the whole thing was very vulnerable to accidental knocks.

I'm sure that a better system exists these days, but personally I would choose to fit dummy components and operate my signals and points by a more conventional method.

But I agree, noth>Hello

Reply to
jasper_goat

I'll give them a call. Thanks very much