Narow gauge scale

He he :-) I thought we had got yet another gauge into this thread :-)

Jim

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Silly me, I thought you were completely anglicised, must pay more attention.

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

Nah, I'm a half-baked Brit. Mostly Welsh, Irish and Scots on my mother's side, thoroughly Mitteleuropaeisch on my father's side. And thoroughly Canajun, eh, after living here for over 55 years. I even think hockey is more important than politics. :-)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

I wasn't aware that Canadians played hockey - how do you fare against the Indians and Pakistanis?

Regards, Greg.P.

Wolf Kirchmeir wrote:

Reply to
Greg Procter

Isn't "hockey" Canajun-speak for a right royal punch-up?

In England, that sort of thing goes under the name "football".

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Are you referring to chasing a ball around a grassy field, while waving oddly shaped clubs in a threatening manner at your opponents? My mother played that game, so she told me, and she was a mean shin-slasher, too, she said.

But hockey it ain't.

Hah!

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

[...]

Surely not the genteel sport of Association Football!

Oh, I forgot: you meant amongst the spectators.... :-)

Hockey fans are models of gentlemanly and ladylike decorum.

Truly!

:-)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Yes it is. Ice hockey is a much more recent invention.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

_Ice_ hockey????

_Field_ hockey, yes, that has to be specified. It's played by people who don't have hockey rinks.

Poor, deprived sods.

:-)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

Compared to the players...

Reply to
MartinS

It's been hockey for hundreds of years - it's played internationally - unlike yank ICE-hockey.

Reply to
Greg Procter