North Eastern Steam R/C Twin - a good starter set?

Hello,

Just to let you guys know, I went for the North Eastern Steam R/C Twin - £150. Its wireless control etc and has two trains as well as the full track inc extensions.

Is this a good starter set? The idea of no wires has helped me choose this, as my son can play with it and keep his distance at the same time!!!

Thanks,

Gary.

Reply to
GW

"GW" wrote

The R/C stuff is not reliable, but I hope it works out for you. Some people love it, others absolutely hate it. I'll not be stocking any of Hornby's R/C sets next year because of the reliability issue.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Hi John,

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what im looking for, but any problems I will post them. How easy is it to "convert" the system to non R/C? Is it just the "train control" that is different from the standard sets? Are the actual trains R/C too? Or is it just a way of triggering the track power?

Thanks,

Gary. PS - I cant check as I dont have the set yet, I pick up either today or next week.

Reply to
GW

"GW" wrote

No problem, hope I didn't disillusion you.

The latter, a conventional DC controller will just plug in. You'll know if you have a problem, the train will not respond to the R/C gear.

John.

Reply to
John Turner