Point levers

Probably not the correct terminology, but can anybody point (no pun
intended) in the direction of a manufacturer in 4mm of point levers, the
'upright' type, as used in goods yards and locomotive yards. I seem to
recall from my 'spotting', and yes probably 'spotty' days that these
sometimes had a guard rail just a little shorter than the actual lever. Hope
I've explained this Ok
Reply to
Keith J Patrick
Loading thread data ...
I think I know what you mean. I've got some. Bought them from my local model shop. Whitemetal. Believe they are made by Knightwing. 4 in a pack IIRC.
Reply to
Dave Potter
Is that what is known as a "ground frame" ?
Reply to
Adrian B
Wouldn't think so. Ground frame implies some form of interlocking with signals or other turnouts involving one or more additional levers. The locking took the form of a tappet tray which was usually (but not always) protected from the weather in a small hut. or shelter. In addition they would often have some form of communication with the nearby signal box by means of a release plunger and indicator.
Single levers were normally only used in depots or yards to throw individual turnouts, Their design was self-locking and didn't need a separate locking lever. As usual, designs and practices varied widely over the network.
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.