Re: disaster struck!

Hi

> > The other day we had a couple of big thunder storms, the house shook with > it! > > I was sitting at the computer yesterday when I heard a thud! on > investigation I found the doors open of the high level cupboard were I keep > all my locomotives and yes you guessed it one of them laying on the floor! > > It was in its box all rapped in padding but its a heavy SR 700 class 0-6-0 > built by may dad years ago from a Bec-Kit > > OK, the damage was, broken off steps, broken dumb iron, smoke box door > detached, one firemen displaced from his station. > All this was dealt with by Super glue. > However, looking at the poor old girl her body seems to have been bent. > Its a white metal loco. > Not a massive bend but how can I straighten her out, any suggestions? > > (Please only reply to the group unless you know my e-mail that is) > >

It depends whether or not you want the paint still left. Is it a full body bend or just a deep dent in one side? The former may be irreparable, especially if the kit is severely shifted, and will require complete disassembly. Perhaps try a heavy duty scalpel to slide into joints and cut the weaker join. A dent could be cured by heating the metal with a flame and then gently pushing it out (it requires a lot of care though).

Reply to
Mark W