Scale

Has anyone ever done On6?? (That is, 7mm scale on Z gauge track ;-)

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Someone makes kits to fit both 16.5mm mechanisms and 9mm gauge mechanisms representing industrial locomotives of the type used in brick works, gas works and the like - I think these are nominally 7mm scale/O but cannot recall the details - This is something I rather fancied for an outdoor line (using the 16.5mm gauge for reliability). Not yet seen one on Z track, although there have been some nice N scale narrpow gauge on Z track, both British and US outline.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

"Ian J." wrote

That would represent a gauge somewhere in the region of 10" wouldn't it?

That's one of the gauges that model engineers work in and yes, I have a vague recollection of having seen a layout at a show somewhere in the last couple of years that did indeed depict a model engineering ground (or was it a garden?) in the scale of "O" with a ride on train running round it.

Elliott

Reply to
Elliott Cowton

I think there's a layout on the Northern exhibition circuit that uses 9mm track to represent 15" gauge in 7mm scale. IIRC it depicts a zoo and it's miniature railway. For some reason, I also think there's a section of 6mm track with a small oval as well!

Cheers, Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

"Mick Bryan" wrote in news:dq6lj9$g3i$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk:

Is that the one where one of the buildings modelled is a model railway club and the small scale railway is presented as their layout set of course within the larger scale affair?

Or at least something like that, I remember seeing some pics sometime last year in one of the magazines.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Possibly. It may be that the original layout I was describing is actually two completely separate layouts! But then it is past my bedtime.........

:-) Mick

Reply to
Mick Bryan

In the US Lionel manufacture all sorts of operating gimmicks - including a model train shop with a "layout" in the window. An oval of "track" which is actually a slot with painted rails on either side, and a tiny train going round and round.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

I've seen a model of a model railway, with Action Man figures stood looking at Z or N trains running on models of baseboards, and model tools etc scattered around.

Reply to
Arthur Figgis

It's Z and called the Mardy model railclub somewhat crappy pictures here:

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ibbotson

I've seen those at a show in the US. I think the scale is about 1:800.

Reply to
MartinS

They look rather like Ken dolls - there is also a Barbie (or maybe Sindy) sitting there. I particularly like the chap with the grey hair!

Reply to
MartinS