Servicing Lima Engines

Well I'm now the proud possessor of a Lima engine a lovely little "Western" (yes the wheels do slip even when tasked only with pulling a mere two coaches) and what's more I have another on way, an even littler "Warship".

Question ...

Do "servicing sheets" or the like exist for the above two engines (like the sheets Hornby put out)? If so can anyone tell me where I could get a peek at them, failing that does anyone know how to get the lids (body - Ed) of them without causing irreversible damage (and no jokes please about it not being possible to make a lima worse ).

TIA

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Get a Bachmann Warship, that can actually move stuff without breaking sweat. I believe the same company are interested in a making a 'Western' as well.

Don't think sheets are available. I did a little guide on getting the lids off absolutely ages ago

and that 47 is now looking more like 47309 'European Rail Operator of the Year', Ipswich SP resident and Mid Norfolk Railway Diesel Gala visiting loco for two years running.

(I have this strange recollection that it was you, Mr Wilson, who told me about an extra set of clips in the nose of a 60 when I was struggling with one of those a couple of years back...)

Reply to
Ben

Closer inspection, the buffers are fixed in place ... The "major" body clips were so obvious I hadn't looked very carefully for the others and I'd missed a couple of clips.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

You may find this article on upgrading/servicing Lima motors interesting? I found it by accident.

kim

Reply to
KimPateman

Hey, that's an interesting article! ;-)