Templot question

I am using Peco Streamline flexible track in 4mm scale which I am about to butcher. Just does'nt look right. What gauge/ scale should I select in Templot to achieve a more realistic sleeper spacing. Do I need to adjust the sleeper length as well?

Reply to
Trespasser

I would suspect that you will have to do so much butchery that you might be better scratchbuilding from the start :-) Peco timbering on track and pointwork is a law unto itself and is a compromise between UK and North American standards, between H0 scale and 00 scale standards and incorporates Peco's own individual ideas on the layout of points and crossings - so pick the bones out of that :-)

If you're working in 00, then set up Templot to work in 4mm scale,

16.5mm gauge and you should get a good representation of timbering - which, in itself, will be a compromise since using the 'narrow' gauge of 16.5mm does not allow you to make an accurate representation of prototype track timbering in 4mm scale.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Trespasser said the following on 26/04/2006 21:22:

Peco Streamline flexi-track is 3.5mm scale, not 4mm, so it isn't right! Jim has already given you some useful info, but can I suggest that you join the Templot email group? Details from

On this subject, I am surprised at the number of otherwise very good exhibition layouts to 4mm scale that use still 3.5mm scale track. Assuming there is a reason to stay with OO, the likes of C&L supply more realistic trackwork than Peco, yet Peco still predominates.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Found it! In Templot, click Real > Plain track options > Rail length and sleeper spacings. Must remember to learn to use software before asking advice {:-)

Reply to
Trespasser