Radius's

Hello all I am relaying a large section of the layout (not the first time). I am using Peco Streamline track. Say for example my largest radius was 48", what would be the radius of the track next to it (on the inside) and the one on the inside of that? I measured track centers on the Peco gauge, and it is 2", so would I be right in assuming that the nest inside radius would be 46" and then 44". Sorry, I don't understand cm and mm that well Thanks Rob PS, OO gauge

Reply to
Rob

That should work as a minimum. Just make sure your longest locos and cars won't contact each other on adjacent tracks. If you use cork roadbed, it's just under 2 inches wide.

Reply to
MartinS

At 36 inch radius or greater your 2-inch separation should be OK.

Reply to
John Sullivan

Rob offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

Look.... I'm really sorry about this and all, but in another group I frequent we're having a sort of ongoing competition to see who can be the biggest pedant. I seem to have got myself into pedant mode and can't switch it off, so I'm just going to point out that your header really should have said "Radii" and then I'm going to get me coat....! :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Yeah I know, but It was late, and my computer was playing up, something wrong with the mouse's I think

Reply to
Rob

Rob offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

Ah! I see. :-) In the other group, when this sort of thing happens, someone inevitably shouts "Wooly!" Others just shake their heads and mutter darkly about gin......

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

rec.arts.tv.uk.pedants'r'us ??

Reply to
MartinS

MartinS offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

I see you've been there! :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Just came from there. There's some guy from Seattle rabitting on and on about grammar, spelling, etc., etc.

Reply to
MartinS

MartinS offered me a plate of cheese and whispered:

Rabitting?! Surely you mean "drivelling" ? And look.... the drivel is spreading! :-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Pedantry being the order of the day, people are probably saying "Woolly", since "Wooly" is not a word in the English language.

Alfie.

Reply to
Alfie

Actually, it's the proper name (signified by the initial capital) of a poster's dog that automatically gets blamed for typographical errors.

It's also an alternative American spelling for woolly, although less commonly used than "woolen" with one "l".

Reply to
MartinS

True, but it's not nearly as bad as "radius's".

Reply to
Ed Callaghan

OK, in future Ill refer to them as "the curved bits" :-)

Rob (Spellingly challenged)

Reply to
Rob

I had some cheese once....i think