Class 33

How long did the class 33 last into privatization and what where the colours.
Ian gearing
Reply to
Herman613B
Liveries;
HTH
Stu
Reply to
Stu
In message , Herman613B writes
Some are, I believe, still in use, with Fragonset and DRS amongst others, the former's locos were heavily involved in moving about the new SWT Desiros around.
Reply to
Spyke
That's good to hear - the Class 33's are a particular favourite of mine - 33035 'Spitfire' is the only Loco I've ever actually seen at Eastbourne station - a fair few years back now, and I wish I had a camera with me. Looking forward to the Heljan model.
(PS - Sorry Spyke, wrong button!)
Reply to
Stu
I seem to remember that the first 33 converted to push-pull operation had a small yellow panel between the jumper cables. Is there a photo of this loco? would make an interesting model Steve
Reply to
stephen fackrell