Class 33/1

I'd quite like a Class 33/1 to take me back to my youth when I used to hang around Branksome train station :)

Will the Heljan Class 33/1 go round first radius curves? If not, did Lima ever produce a Class 33/1 with the bagpipes on the end; or only a Class

33/0? Is there a fairly straightforward conversion kit for the Lima 33/0 to make a 33/1?
Reply to
Gerald H

Lima did produce a 33/1 with the pipes (I have one :-)

Not sure about the Heljan one going around 1st radius, somehow I doubt it. I think there will probably be Lima 33/1s on eBay, if not available through various secondhand resellers.

There was/is a Craftsman conversion kit, however, due to the handrails on the 33/1 being a bit different to the 33/0, I wouldn't say it was that easy a conversion, but it wouldn't be the most difficult to do.

Reply to
Ian J.

"Gerald H" wrote

I've got Heljan 26s & 27s here and both look like they would negotiate first radius curves, although I don't have such curves on my layout.

The 26s & 27s have virtually the same chassis & running gear as the 33s.

John.

Reply to
John Turner