Decoder fitting in a Lima Class 47

Hi.

I'm going to fit a decoder in a Lima 00 Class 47 locomotive, but as I'm not all that sure of what is what in this very sofisticated pancake with wheels, I hope someone can enlighten me regarding where to solder what. Is the motor isolated from the chassis, or do I have to refit the thing with a Buehler can?

Thanks,

Nicholas

Reply to
Nicholas Lorvik

Lima locos are straightforward but as most people I know now have Heljan 47's they don't have tutorilas for fitting to a Lima 47. You can however follow the fitting of a decoder to a Lima class 31 which is of course the same motor by going to Steve Jones's site here

Nick

Nick Gurney