P4 conversion for Lima class 87

Hi everyone, I have a Lima class 87 that I want to be able to convert to P4 gauge. I know about the Ultrascale conversion for this loco, but I want to be
able to use Steel tyred wheelsets and they are Brass/NS only.
I have found that Sharman do wheelsets for this loco, but I do not know if they supply the gear wheel on the back of one side if each wheelset to connect up with the Lima drive train.
I have tried emailing Sharman but had not response as yet.
Anyone got any views? I have used the Alan Gibson conversion pack for my class 50's and my class 31 and thought they were great; very easy indeed. Nothing for Lima from Mr Gibson though.
Cheers.
Rob.
On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 18:38:28 +0100, Robert Wilson

If you want to have steel tyres on the Lima mech you have to use the Sharman or AG wheelsets, make sure you get axles the same diameter as the Lima ones. You then need to re-use the Lima gears by removing the tyre and turning or filing most of the wheel face off so the gear can be fitted behind the new wheel. I used this technique on a class 37 before I gave up completely on Lima mechs and put an Athearn chassis in it. Keith
Make friends in the hobby. Visit <http://www.grovenor.dsl.pipex.com/ Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.