Installing EM gauge wheelsets to lima class 87.

Hello, I am about to go for my first foray into EM gauge, and I would like to know from those who know, what adhesive I should use for installing the Ultrascale wheelsets on the Lima class 87? Obviously it should be some sort of Loctite but I don't know which type is the best bet.

Thanks,

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

Welcome to EM gauge!

If you're using the Ultrascale conversion set you don't need any adhesive. Just push the wheels onto the axle. The best way to do this, I find, is to lick the end of the axle and push the wheel on twisting as you go, then check the back-to-back is 16.5mm. This holds true for most manufacturers wheels. Having said that, if you really do want to stick them on, use Loctite 601. I believe that this can attack some plastics though.

If you haven't already, I would seriously recommend joining the EM Gauge Society.

for details. You get a lever-arch filling info pack when you join, which is regularly updated, and covers the Lima conversions.

Reply to
Paul Boyd