converting farish 33/0 to 33/1

Evening group... I have a notion/need to convert one of my farish class 33/0 to class 33/1 (with bagpipes).

Does anyone know of a detailing kit available or has anyone scratched this? What materials did you use? What was the end result? (pix) Any ideas, anyone?

My current thoughts (not withstanding any detailing kits) it to form the pipes from copper wire solerd across another piece of wire (at rightangle) so forming a T shape with the pipes forming the stem and then a lot of delicate filing to get the requiered shape. The some fiddly painting and glueing.

If nothing is forthcoming here, I'll press ahead and see what it turns out like... I'll post piccies along the way.

best regards

UncleWobbly

Taylor Precision Models do a superb conversion for the Farish 33, including a resin plug in end and etched pipes.

It's really easy to put together, you don't need to repaint the loco and it looks superb.

BTW, I'm developing a kit for the Class 491 4-TC at the moment (end of plug).

Regards, Adam Warr, Peterborough UK Electra Railway Graphics

Fotopic Site:

Adam

perfect - just what I was after.. Thanks!

it is amazing just how much doesn't get found in a search when mired with a million "kiss my whip" sites

Reply to
UncleWobbly

:o) that's what my 4VEP (from you) is destined to be

Reply to
UncleWobbly

yeharr!!

Got some new ends from Bernard... did one last night - have a look, comments, criticisms, money...?

seriously, I am really *REALLY* pleased with it so far... I must say though, you definately have to paint them, out of the pack they are a sort of pale yellow-green reminiscent of a "glow-in-the-dark" type plastic...

Uncle Wobbly