Kindof OT:T-33

Spent all day today working on the PCAM T-33. Anybody know of a source for parts? Real thing. 1/1 scale. We're working on a wants list. At this point the plans include a paint job that matches the T-33 that I used to fly with the

84th FIS, one of two squadron hacks.

As if we didn't have enough fun today PCAM threw a BBQ for the entire group. We drove on back country roads for awhile, turned into a plain country road driveway in a pretty heavilly wooded area and found ourselves in a ghost town. This gentleman moved to Sonoma County in the 1950s and began building an old west town on his wooded property. Being a Hollywood propsmaster he bagan buying up antique and interesting cars, trucks, wagons and tons of other props and decorating "his" town. His son was our host today. Imagine growing up in your very own ghost town?

Almost everything was unrestored in sort of a state of arrested development. Not much of any rhyme or reason, just really, really neat! This place joins PCAM and the guy with the functioning armor collection as the three best sites in Sonoma County.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

there is a outfit in Texas that their main business is T-33 parts, you should be able to track them down thru Trade a Plane Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF

Thanks. I'll give them a try.

First item is a replacement canopy central piston. It had a charge in it so the de-mob people kept it. We're currently using a length of PVC pipe!

Shall post occasional updates here as long as nobody complains.

On topic: I'm collecting detail parts, wheels/tires, decals, etc. to do the Heller kit in 84th colors.

Cheers and thanks,

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

Hmm, you do get the strange ones, don't you? :)

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I think I just remembered the companys name, try Dixie Airparts Matt Gunsch, A&P,IA,Private Pilot Riding member of the 2003 world champion drill team Arizona Precision Motorcycle Drill Team GWRRA,NRA,GOA

Reply to
N329DF

Roger that.

I'll call them today to see what they have.

Thanks, guys.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72