boeing

if you want to tell boeing how you feel about the gouge the modeler idea, here...

snipped-for-privacy@boeing.com

You know that is a valid thing to do but do you really think they would care about a bunch of piss ant model builder's? These guys only need to care about the next gazillion dollar government or airline contract.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

Actually, I'm told that Harry Stoncipher actually reads each piece of e-mail addressed directly to him. If the CEO got wind that such a move would degrade to company image in some way, he may feel moved to put a stop to it.

Reply to
Rufus

so is that how you got the Trumpeter Wildcat's corrected too? :-)

Craig

Reply to
Craig

hey, that's my only rant that ever seemed to work. i suspect i wasn't the only one to complain, so i don't claim all the credit. i did find out that i had vented at some mucky up. didn't you know the trumpeter kit was self healing?

"> i once went to the air and space museum kinda drunk. they

So it was the guy on a hysterical rant that got it changed. Hmm doesn't Dana Bell work for them? Maybe it was mentioned to him or someone with some "juice" and they got it changed.

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant

i was told the guy was an assistant deputy something. smelled like lackey to me and i napalmed the poor guy. i don't drink anymore....

Good news for the rest of us here !!

Azzz1588

nope, guess again.

nope, rode your mom.

Wow, arent you an articulate well educated member of society. If this is the vest you can do, let me know when you grow up. I knew you were low class before by going to a major public museum drunk. That said it all right there.

But hey, you want to embaress yourself with posts like this here, than by all means go ahead. It just continues to show your lack of manners, and ability to communicate well with others. Everyone here knows you have NO class......................

You want to drive around drunk, please do. The cops are waiting for you.

BTW, {PLONK}

Azzz1588

just fitting in the class off your responses. it's called talking down to a child. and you don't plonk anyone, you sit in front of your screen checking for your name every 5 minutes. stay in that basement, son, you have no other life.

It's not just Boeing, friend! Virtually every aircraft ever manufactured by anyone in this country, except those made by companies that have simply disappeared, is covered by some sort of copyright/trademark/trade dress registration. Try Lockheed, North American, NA Rockwell, Consolidated Vultee, Convair, Grumman, Republic, Stearman, Hiller, Martin, Bell--on and on. If a particular manufacturer was bought out by, or merged with, another, even though their corporate name may have disappeared, the marks still exist, believe me.

In this country, the vast majority of military aircraft have always been privately designed to meet a RFP (Request for Proposal) from the military branch interested. Companies design what they think will fit the bill, and submit--if they are asked to build a prototype for evaluation, then they do, and where there are competing designs, they are flown off, and the military selects the one (hopefully) that is the best of the lot (in their opinions). Then, whatever mods are done are done as a result of customer (the military being the customer) but are done under the primary contractor (the manufacturer). As such, that aircraft is THEIR design, not something out there in the public domain, no matter that public funds were used to purchase them.

Of course, there is always the issue of the manufacturer's name, and for any company, their name, logo's and trademarks are under a "Protect it (against all unauthorized users) or lose it", if you don't believe me, do a bit of historical research on such trademarks as Jeep, or Frigidaire (Us older guys can remember people who called any make of refrigerator a "Frigidaire" no matter if it was a Coldspot, Hotpoint, GE, Westinghouse, or Kelvinator. GM came away with a 5-4 vote in the US Supreme Court in the late 40's when they stepped up to protect "Frigidaire" or any simple modification of that name, because it was rapidly becoming a generic term for refrigerator. Don't think that bit of case law is not understood by every corporate attorney in the land who is worth his salt!

In the model RR world, Union Pacific is agressively pursuing those who use their distinctive heralds (all versions) and their slogans--in fact they have filed suit against the major HO RR manufacturer Athearn, and Lionel as well, for their unauthorised use of UP trademarks. Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) is also taking steps to protect their very distinctive trademarks as well (and they have a ton of them, being made up from at least 10 different formerly independent railroads.

Model car builders have been paying a few cents per kit for decades collected by model companies for the auto companies in the form of royalties--it's a fact of life and has been with model cars since the 50's.

So, we as modelers might just as well get over worrying about it, and move forward--it isn't going to go away, and I seriously doubt that any form of bitching or protesting to CEO's is going to get them to give us a bye. Why not just take that energy and build something?

Reply to
Amodlra

Does this mean that I'm in serious trouble everytime I refer to the fridge? LOL!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Nah. Unless you have a serious weight problem and your 'reference' means opening it up for another snack.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Nope, not anymore. Eight years ago I was a whopping 256 and now I'm down to the 200 mark. Giving up the sugar and fats helps.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Good for you! Last year at this time I was 218, but with the help of my wife and doctor Adkins, I'm about 195 with a goal of 170 - 175. I'm sleeping a ~lot~ better as well. Keep it up.

The Old Timer

Ditto.

240 to 210 in two years. Type 2 diabetes diognosis. Doc said that about half of the country has the same problem, most undiagnosed.

Only thing I miss is fruit juice, especially orange juice. :-(

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Maiesm72) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m06.aol.com:

Why the heck can't you drink OJ? It's on my keep it at work for afternoons when the sugar is to low and I'm feeling sleepy list.

Reply to
Gray Ghost
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy