Trumpeter Corsair v. Revell

seems the Trumpeter is going for $60 +/-. I have around 4 Revell kits that cost me around 10-15 each.

Can anyone offer the reasons, etc to justify the Trumpeter price?

thx - Craig

Reply to
Craig

If nobody makes an "X" the modeling public will bitch that their "X" is unrepresented. If someone makes an "X" they'll bitch because its not accurate. If someone makes an accurate "X" they'll bitch because it costs too much. If someone makes an accurate and inexpensive "X" they'll bitch because it goes together too easily. If someone makes an accurate, inexpensive, challenging yet well engineered "X" the manufacturer will promptly go out of business.

And finally... no matter how accurate the "X" kit is, "Z" will release "correction sets" for it - and probably before the bitching modelers have even had a chance to examine the kit and commence the bitching.

BW

Reply to
bweckel

Now that I have X in my hands...yes - the Trumpeter one is better...

Reply to
Rufus