Trumpeter 2006 Release List

Amazing how things have changed. A look at the Revell website shows just a few ships in their inventory, with the newest one around 40 years old. The old guard is fading away.

I can see around $1000 of my salary going to Trumpeter next year...... :(

Craig

crw59

Yes it's amazing how much more you can produce with a labor force that gets paid 1/10 (or less)of western rates, has no unions, retirement or insurance plans, and lower safety and pollution standards and laws. It really allows you to plow those cost savings back into R&D and extra tooling.

So much of Walmarts stuff is produced in china now its hard to find anything made in the states that's not a consumable foodstuff.

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

Oh, YEAH...there's at least 4...5...6...on that 1/32 list that are MINE!

Reply to
Rufus

Not that this will stop me from picking up 1 each of their new 1/48 stuff. I mean a model is a model and I buy my share of stuff at walmart.

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

Reply to
Barry

Both of the 1/72 Thuds are a high priority for me. Now I'm just waiting for that D#&n Italeri 1/72 B-26K Counter Invader to finally get released.

Markm

Reply to
Mark M

Your wait's over. They're on eBay & Hannant's has them.

Mark M wrote:

Reply to
frank

Since they're taking another shot at a 1/24 scale Merlin P-51 I wonder if they'll get the shape of the nose correct this time around...

Reply to
Al Superczynski

Darn. They do such nice 1/350 kits, I was hoping an HMS Hood might be there. I really wish some one would do one. That is, one that doesn't cost a whole month's pay.

RLM

Reply to
RLM

Reply to
Dave

Giggle, snort, guffaw..........they attempt nice 1/350 kits and manage to f*ck them up royally with poor research and stupid engineering.

Reply to
Ron Smith

But he left out one more thing. A 1/72 scale Tu-160 Blackjack bomber. I saw it on Trumpeters website...

Reply to
William L. Powell

better add a wing to those house plans.

Yeah...plans. TIme I started making new ones, I think...

Gotta go pick up a 1/32 Academy F/A-18D today. Merry Christmas to ME!

Reply to
Rufus

Is the 1/72 C-17 still on their list or have they dropped t?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

What can I say, I'm not anal retentive about accuracy. I build for the pleasure of it. If its a kit of a subject I like, I'll build it.

I don't count rivets.

RLM

Reply to
RLM

good, cuz they were one rivet short. :-)

I agree with you. I build for fun, have not built an accurate model since 1965. See no need to start now.

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Who said anything about rivets? We're talking major accuracy errors visible from 6 feet away and engineering fuckups that make Revell's ancient Arizona look well designed.

Reply to
Ron Smith

I think that was Panda rather than Trumpeter

Remove nospam to reply!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming

Okay Ron; then don't buy them. It's your right to not buy/build whatever you like. People whine about accuracy issues on virtually every new release --- from everyone. I get tired of it.

Ron, next time Trumpeter releases something, write a review for Internet Modeler or whatever. Spell out the engineering gaffs, inaccuracy issues and all that stuff. That would be more helpful than referring to the entire Trumpeter line as 'fuckups'. I suggest this respectfully, not sneering in any way.

Just my two cents.

--- Tontoni

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni