Trumpeter 2006 Release List

Amazing how things have changed. A look at the Revell website shows
just a few ships in their inventory, with the newest one around 40
years old. The old guard is fading away.
I can see around $1000 of my salary going to Trumpeter next year......
:(
Craig

crw59
Yes it's amazing how much more you can produce with a labor force that gets paid 1/10 (or less)of western rates, has no unions, retirement or insurance plans, and lower safety and pollution standards and laws. It really allows you to plow those cost savings back into R&D and extra tooling.
So much of Walmarts stuff is produced in china now its hard to find anything made in the states that's not a consumable foodstuff.
Reply to
Jeff Barringer
Oh, YEAH...there's at least 4...5...6...on that 1/32 list that are MINE!
Reply to
Rufus
Not that this will stop me from picking up 1 each of their new 1/48 stuff. I mean a model is a model and I buy my share of stuff at walmart.
Reply to
Jeff Barringer
I here that. I found about a dozen on the list for my personal consumption.... I have been waiting for a 1/350th USS Massachusetts and I can see the 144th Gato joining my collection. Barry
Reply to
Barry
Both of the 1/72 Thuds are a high priority for me. Now I'm just waiting for that D#&n Italeri 1/72 B-26K Counter Invader to finally get released.
Markm
Reply to
Mark M
Your wait's over. They're on eBay & Hannant's has them.
Mark M wrote:
Reply to
frank
Since they're taking another shot at a 1/24 scale Merlin P-51 I wonder if they'll get the shape of the nose correct this time around...
Reply to
Al Superczynski
Darn. They do such nice 1/350 kits, I was hoping an HMS Hood might be there. I really wish some one would do one. That is, one that doesn't cost a whole month's pay.
RLM
Reply to
RLM
Now why would they do the CH-47A and D in 1/32 and 1/72 scale?? We really need one in 1/48 scale! Don't have a garage large enough to fit the 1/32 one in, and italeri already does the 1/72 one nicely. Dave
Reply to
Dave
Giggle, snort, guffaw..........they attempt nice 1/350 kits and manage to fuck them up royally with poor research and stupid engineering.
Reply to
Ron Smith
But he left out one more thing. A 1/72 scale Tu-160 Blackjack bomber. I saw it on Trumpeters website...
Reply to
William L. Powell
better add a wing to those house plans.
Yeah...plans. TIme I started making new ones, I think...
Gotta go pick up a 1/32 Academy F/A-18D today. Merry Christmas to ME!
Reply to
Rufus
Is the 1/72 C-17 still on their list or have they dropped t?
Tom
Reply to
maiesm72
What can I say, I'm not anal retentive about accuracy. I build for the pleasure of it. If its a kit of a subject I like, I'll build it.
I don't count rivets.
RLM
Reply to
RLM
good, cuz they were one rivet short. :-)
I agree with you. I build for fun, have not built an accurate model since 1965. See no need to start now.
Craig
Reply to
crw59
Who said anything about rivets? We're talking major accuracy errors visible from 6 feet away and engineering fuckups that make Revell's ancient Arizona look well designed.
Reply to
Ron Smith
I think that was Panda rather than Trumpeter
Remove nospam to reply!!
Reply to
Dave Fleming
Okay Ron; then don't buy them. It's your right to not buy/build whatever you like. People whine about accuracy issues on virtually every new release --- from everyone. I get tired of it.
Ron, next time Trumpeter releases something, write a review for Internet Modeler or whatever. Spell out the engineering gaffs, inaccuracy issues and all that stuff. That would be more helpful than referring to the entire Trumpeter line as 'fuckups'. I suggest this respectfully, not sneering in any way.
Just my two cents.
--- Tontoni
Reply to
Stephen Tontoni