Trumpeter 2006 Release List

Okay Ron; then don't buy them. It's your right to not buy/build whatever you like. People whine about accuracy issues on virtually every new release --- from everyone. I get tired of it.
Ron, next time Trumpeter releases something, write a review for Internet Modeler or whatever. Spell out the engineering gaffs, inaccuracy issues and all that stuff. That would be more helpful than referring to the entire Trumpeter line as 'fuckups'. I suggest this respectfully, not sneering in any way.
Just my two cents.
--- Tontoni
Stephen Tontoni wrote:

Since I do in fact do original source research in the genre when I give a bad review of a ship kit's accuracy it is from a sound basis of fact and original source documents. I will also slam piss poor design every time. It doesn't help Trumpeter's cause that the North Carolina kit's engineering and overall quality are a few steps backwards from the Essexes.

Take a look at the ship sites, I've voiced plenty of specifics on both Lexington and North Carolina as kitted by Trumpeter. I won't do an "in box" review because they're generally worthless when it comes time to build. By the time I've cleared any commissions off my bench and finished any paying research jobs in progress any given kit has been out more than six months...nobody wants a build review that late in the game. As for Trumpter's line of ships, Yorktown 2 and Frankling are the only US ship kits that do not have major fuckups in accuracy or engineering. Here I'll issue blankets for blankets...blankets statements like Trumpeter is great will be met with blanket statements that they've managed to fuckup a specific kit or kits.

Sorry, my time is billable at $100/hour.
Okay Ron, it's still your prerogative to not purchase said kits.
Regarding your reviews/research/projects, I'm not a ship modeler so I don't believe I've had the opportunity to see our writing yet. I'm sure your information in those articles is very helpful. In here, however, lacking specific information, it just sounds like you're ranting on Trumpeter in general terms. That by itself, is not very helpful.
--- Tontoni
Stephen Tontoni wrote:

Yes I am stomping all over their 1/350 ships kits in general. Now that I can get back to it I'll post a list of the NC's errors, most are simple engineering screw ups.

Visible to who? Some one that has memorized every minor aspect of the subject being modeled? No kit would ever make their grade.
Visible to the 99.99999% of people who will see it on my shelf at home, not likely. They'll look at the kit I've built, the paint job I've done and say "That looks nice."
I've seen guys like you at kids/young adult local model shows. The kid will have invested months getting this kit right enough to show it. At the show, you'll be the guy who will walk up to the finished kit as the kid stands there, and proceed to tell him everything that's wrong with it. Everything that's not "accurate".
And folks wonder why modelling is dying.
RLM
RLM wrote:

Anyone remotely familiar with the ship in question.

If you're happy with something overpriced for it's quality fine. Personally I'm pissed off when the information is there to obtain easily and cheaply. I'm even more pissed off when the engineering of a kit shows clear signs of rectal/cranial inversion.

Actually you are so far off it's funny. I prefer to judge junior entries when I vounteer because I like some of the things kids think up. But an adult that presents something as "accurate" that isn't might get told otherwise. Have another foot you'd like to taste? Shall I salt it first?

Actually, I've inserted no foot anywhere. That's one of the things about the internet, a person can say they do whatever they want, that doesn't necessarily mean they really do it.
RLM
RLM wrote:

What's really funny is there are a few guys on here that can back me up on my judging preferences and how I deal with juniors.