New Heljan 33/0s

Heljan have just released new 33/0 models as:

- Green D6585

- WCRC 33025

- WCRC 33029

Can anybody who has seen them please tell me if the have the 'flat' roof profile of older 33/0s, or the corrected profile that appeared on their

33/1s. Thanks Jon
Reply to
Jon Biglowe

"Jon Biglowe" wrote

I've got one of the green ones in front of me now and compared with a similar 33/1 I'd say the roof is very slightly flatter. I'm not familar enough with the prototypes to say whether it looks right or not.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

It's the incorrect flat roof profile. You are not one of those rivet counters who insist on their models being the same shape as the prototype are you? :)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

It's always good if is the right shape!

It would have seemed sensible for Heljan to get it right, as they have already done so for 33/1s. I know there are a lot of people who won't buy these models now.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Biglowe

True, but there are also those who still will.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

"Fred X" wrote

And have, but if you want a decent 33/0 what choices are there?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

The Hornby Railroad version? :)

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

"Fred X" wrote

Enough said! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Contrast it with Bachmann's criticism of the 37 and the different versions they have brought out to correct them.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Yes, but there are much larger sales potential for a Class 37.

Fred X

Reply to
Fred X

They never corrected the 47 either which has at least the same sales potential as a 37.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

"Chris" wrote

Oh really?

You've not seen the latest class 47s from Bachmann then?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Not quite sure what you mean. I was making the point that Bachmann do seem to try and correct mistakes even if not wholly successful whereas Heljan don't seem to revisit their products.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

"Chris" wrote

You said they've never corrected the class 47 - but it may be that you were referring to the Heljan model and not the Bachmann one as I first assmed. If that's the case then I apologise unreservedly.

Just to clarify my comment: Bachmann have modified their class 47 tooling and the latest models seem to be a worthwhile improvement over the earlier ones.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

From: "John Turner" Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 9:25 AM Newsgroups: uk.rec.models.rail Subject: Re: New Heljan 33/0s

Do they still have rivet heads around the windscreen frames, like the class

57?

Riddles

Reply to
Riddles

Yep that's what I meant following the Heljan 33/0 retooling discussion and yes I know Bachmann have brought out a newer version of the 47. Sorry for the confusion.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

"Riddles" wrote

No, they've been removed along with the piping from the (class 57) bogies.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Presumably this has happened in the last 12 months then!

My 32-801DS, (D1746) bought on 26/1/09 has similar windscreen surrounds and bogies, to my 32-760 (57307) bought 25/8/06.

Riddles

Reply to
Riddles

"Riddles" wrote

Yes, the first modified release (late 2009) was in the new boxing (with internal clear plastic model support) and from memory is:

31-652 - 47474 "Sir Roland Hill" in RES livery 31-650 & 31-651 are due to follow soon

John.

Reply to
John Turner