Trundleduct

On or around Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:37:22 -0000, "Trev" enlightened us thusly:

cool, modelling railway disaters.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Somewhere in that lot is a photo of the stepladder car, which was needed because they had to balance the number of people travelling on each side. You could only ship an even number of cows, for the same reason.

I also liked the following setance from the web site, which is a bit - err - Oirish: "There is one engine, which is an exact reproduction of the original engines, save that the present engine is diesel driven"

Reply to
robertharvey

Coo.

robertharvey

Coo with knobs on

+ with

and you can view and move about your whole layout, including the room it is in. OK Templots' not free (sketchup is for the base version which is all you need), but it is the mutts nutts. You don't have to make your own track, but yon can see those nasty kinks before you start laying tack.

No connection, just a very satisfied customer. Unfortunately the SketchUp of my "completed" layout is too big for the Templot forum, but I'll put it on my site.... soon.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:00:19 +0000, "Paul C. Dickie" said in :

Strictly playing trains.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:38:40 -0500, Christopher A.Lee said in :

Arbut with *retractable* undercarriage? And sliding hinges?

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:43:11 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com said in :

w00t! A Bascule bridge - just the job with that feersum endjinn.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

Anything that isn't as rigid as possible ain't goingto be strong enough. It also needs large wheels.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

This has a touch of the 'Eagle' about it

robertharvey

In message , "Just zis Guy, you know?" writes

But will it jbex properly?

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

Couldn't they ship a single cow if they could get it to straddle the tracks?

But no reference to "The next train's gone!" ? [1]

[1] Sheddipoints for recognising the quotation, who said it and who wrote that line.
Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

It's from "Oh Mr Porter". The old whiskered guy who works for Will Hay. Moore Marriott? But as to who wrote it?

I always liked the scene on the bus to Buggleskelly, the chap with a pig in a harness with a suitcase handle on top

Reply to
robertharvey

In message , Paul C. Dickie writes

Isn't that from "Oh Mr Porter?"

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

On 19 Jan, 17:49, Jane Sullivan wrote: garden

I like your faq: "Don't be such a miserable killjoy. " Good, Barbara Woodhouse style, advice

Reply to
robertharvey

What, make the railways run on time? Someone already cracked that problem, IIRC.

Reply to
Sn!pe

Will Hay?

Reply to
Sn!pe

Reply to
Sn!pe

On or around Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:49:06 +0000, Jane Sullivan enlightened us thusly:

That's one hell of a railway...

and BTW. you could ship one cow and 2 calves, putting the cow one side and the calves the other. Then you bring the calves back from market one each side.

the original was in Africa somewhere, hauling minerals.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Who?

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

How did this model rail topic get cross-posted with uk.rec.sheds?

Reply to
MartinS