US modeler visiting UK

We'll be taking our annual vacation in the UK later this month, and I'd like to visit a few model train stores if possible. Itinerary will include the Lake District and northern Wales. Plan to visit the Ry Museum in York and Ffestiniog.

Thanks for any help. I always like to bring home an operating souvenir of my travels.

Thanks Rick

Reply to
Richard Stern

Rick,

Have a look at this model shop whilst you're in York. It's a short walk from the National Railway Museum.

If you want to try others during your stay this site has an index covering most counties.

Enjoy your travels in the UK

Russell

Reply to
Russell Wykes

Try

Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Keith Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

If you get a chance to visit the Worth Valley Railway at Keighley, Pennine Models near Haworth Station has a good selection at very competitve prices. But he doesn't sell Peco 00/H0 track.

MartinS

Oh ! - that brings back some happy memories - Haworth was one of the places I stayed at when on holiday a couple of years ago. Just a day or two after climbing Pendle Hill - that steep 'high' street was so easy in comparison!

I would love to move there when I retire!

Happy days,

David.

Reply to
David F.

I was in that shop a couple of weeks ago and there was certainly Peco track available. Howarth is definitely worth a visit especially as the female side of the family will be able to visit the Bronte tourist spots leaving you free to soak up the railway atmosphere.

Tommy.

Reply to
Tommy

I went on a pub crawl there recently before my nephew's wedding. We started at the top of the main street, at the Old Sun, and proceeded in a downhill direction, ending up at the Royal Oak near the station.

Reply to
MartinS

I bet you were glad someone had the good sense to do it that way round.

Unless you lived at the top of the hill, that is!

Cheers!

David.

Reply to
David F.

The groom-to-be (now husband) works part-time at the Royal Oak and lives

50 yards away. Unfortunately we couldn't get a lock-in as some yobs had attracted the attention of the local bobbies in their Battenburg.
Reply to
MartinS

... 'Tis a Cruel World we live in (hic!).

Reply to
David F.