6 Welders

Here they are in my garage.

The on on the far right is the best, TIG/MIG/Stick welder Thermal Arc

400GMS, with 14 and 17 pin control receptacles.

The rest are stick/TIG welders ("lift arc" TIG), Model Thermal Arc LS-300.

So far only I turned on the 400GMS, it seems to power up and respond to buttons in a way that I would expect a CC/CV welder to do. I will test each by burning a whole rod of 1/8" 6013 with every one of them.

These are great homeowner welders.

I shudder to think that I could have only gotten only one.

How do I clean them safely?

Ignoramus21395

This is smart. I have to remember not to take the internals to carwash.

Ignoramus21395

I like to spritz filthy stuff like this with engine degreaser a couple times and let soak. Then hit them with the pressure washer.

Reply to
Karl Townsend

If any are for sale, how tempting is the price to begin SWMBO negotiations for a trip to Chicago from Muskegon?

Reply to
Steve Walker

25% off ebay if paid in cash. I will give you a 6 months right of return also. i
Reply to
Ignoramus21395

Nice!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Yep, that's the one. No TIG torches came with them. They would make a great household stick welder.

Ignoramus21395

They are full of white dust inside. I do not think that it is concrete, more like gypsum or something. I have to blow them out with a shop vac in reverse. Each of them makes a small nuclear plume when so blown. I opened one up, and saw that doing so makes them clean inside, but does not affect the electronics area.

Ignoramus15772

(...)

I hope you are wearing a respirator when you do that! Whoa.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Wonder if that is foundry release dust.