Readywelder Model 10000ADP

Anybody tried using the new readywelder model that has a motor drive power supply independent of the welding supply?

Seems that this type of ready welder could be used with say the Dynasty

200DX on pulsed TIG mode to do pulsed MIG welding

(I know that previously the readywelder was reccomended to be run off of "stick mode" which has no pulsed option, but this new model will run on either CC or CV, AC or DC welding current)

Graham

Reply to
Graham Parkinson

Robert Ball

If you search this group you will find several threads including some good information from Ernie L. who apparently runs one with his maxstar

200.

Graham Park> Anybody tried using the new readywelder model that has a motor drive power

Reply to
bc12_rider

Thanks Robert - Indeed both stick and TIG are CC (Constant Current due to limiting reactance within the supply) whereas MIG is usually run from a CV (Constant Voltage) supply such as a battery (low internal resistance which allows current to vary with arc length).

MIG can be run from CC supplies but apparently it takes a bit more effort to control the arc.

My understanding is that previously the Ready welder ran off the welding voltage which varied with arc length causing the feed speed to change with arc length.

There is a Readywelder model that senses the arc voltage and varies the wire speed

With a seperate supply this is not an issue, also any pulsing in the welding current will not affect the motor drive.

On another topic - Isn't it about time we had software defined welders? There are only three things that completely define an electric welder - Current, Voltage and Timing. Nowadays all of these can be controlled by a microprocessor driving semiconductors. Thus a properly designed inverter welder could be a universal process welder doing CC/CV/DC/AC and pulsed or wave shaped in any mode.

Miller - are you listening????

Graham

Reply to
Graham Parkinson