Cheap Miller 100 series Spoolguns - Adaptable for use on CC supplies?

Saw the 100 series spoolguns intended for the Miller 180/140's on sale for $199.

Anybody familiar with their workings enough to know if they could be fed with external power to allow running off of a Dynasty 200DX power souce in stick mode like some folks have done with the $600 Readywelder?

(I know it's not a CV supply but it appears to work well enough...)

Regards, Graham

Reply to
Graham

When the spoolmate 185 came out I tried one that one of my students bought. Neat little gun, but useless with any other power supply because it has no internal wire speed control. It uses the main wire speed control from the power supply. In theory you could hot wire your own wire speed control dial.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler