Amazing Brazing

This came up on a bicycle frame building list that I am on. Probably the best video of brazing that I have seen.

Dave Dillabough

Well, the brazing is really nice, but the video is only OK. Or, is that what you meant: "Video of the best brazing"?

I had hoped that "best video of brazing" would be about the brazing process; some explanation. It's none of that ... not a comment in 8 minutes.

Still, I'd like to be able to braze like that.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I could be wrong, but is brazing the best process for fabricating bicycle frames?

If they were "lugged" joints (part that has sockets to accept the tubes) done with capillary "brazing" (Silver solder?) I could understand, but I didn't think brazing "butt welds" & "fillet welds" like these would be suitable....

I thought some nice tig welding would be more suitable in this application...???

I am sure this guy would have the skill to use the GTAW process....

He is putting down some very nice bead!

Cheers,

Gary.

Reply to
Metro Fab

Nice to watch, but I didn't learn a thing.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Video removed by user. Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

That guy does look quite skilled and by the colour of the flame has a gas fluxer in the rig, not unexpected in the application. I have a bicycle frame maker near me that has similar kit and also produces similarly beautiful brazing.

Reply to
David Billington

--Ignorant me; what's a 'gas fluxer'?

Reply to
steamer

IIRC the fuel gas is bubbled through a liquid flux solution before passing into the torch so a small amount of flux is always in the flame doing its job and helping make real sweet brazed joints.

See

David Billington

--Thanks! Very clever!

Reply to