Anybody running hardfacing wire?

Central Welding in WA state told me they can sell me a spool of hardfacing wire that will run on my Lincoln 125+ 110 volt machine.
After building up the edge on a scraper using stick I think the wire would be easier to control because of the smaller diameter. Anybody here have any experience with small dia. hardfacing wire? Thanks, Eric

I would not think that you could get it up to proper welding temperature with 110. But that's just a guess.
Steve

Wow, I have never seen such a small hardfacing wire.
I used a lot of Rankin Ranomatic BBG and DDG hardfacing wires for anvil surfaces. The smallest you can get them is 0.045", and they are not cheap.
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:24:52 -0800, Ernie Leimkuhler

Yeah, this stuff is 16 bucks a pound. It's .035". I'll try again to find the P/N and maker and post it here. ERS