Small Diameter Hardfacing Wire

I seem to recall somebody mentioning either here or in SEJW once finding modest size spools of smaller than normal diameter hard facing wire. (I
think they were hard facing an anvil.) Anybody remember the source? I would prefer to do this job with the little Lincoln 125, and I am afraid that the .035 wire might push its capability.

Greetings Bob, I don't recall the wire but when I looked for hardfacing wire for my Lincoln SP125+ I was only able to find one wire that would work. I believe it was a flux cored wire and was .035. Central Welding in the Seattle area found it for me so you may want to try them. Eric

Actually .035 wire is available. I was looking for some smaller. I could have sworn somebody who was doing an anvil project claimed they had found some .027. I would even settle for some .030 flux core. The .035 flux core is readily available, but I seem to do better with these odd welding projects with smaller wire at a faster feed rate.

Well, if you do find some let me know. Mebbe I'll try Central again. I did find .035 flux cored wire on the web but none of it that would run well with the low amperage on my Lincoln. Eric