AO Spary Welding

Does anyone know if you can use a AO spray welding handle to spray plastic's or ceramic coatings? Do you know where to get more information or consumables? Thanks

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

ConcreteArtist wrote in news:72b1ea87-9c11-4f23- snipped-for-privacy@40g2000prx.googlegroups.com:

Why mess up a good handle?

Why not simply use a good pump sprayer with a wide orifice?

Or are you planning to use the "flame applicator" for depositing powdered metal in an attempt to plastic/ceramic coat things?

FWIW, you may wish to look into a Powder Coating setup.

Reply to
Eregon

The problem with the Powder Coating is the oven that's needed to bake the final coat. I have been using powder metal as a coating but I wondered if there were other coating I could do with my handle. Spray Welding a large area is time comsuming. Have you done any Powder Coating?

Thanks

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

Powdercoating: If it fits, I put it in the oven. Larger stuff, I use heat lamps. They work pretty good for this novice powder coater. You can easily get parts up to 450F with lamps.

-Smitty Somerset, PA

Reply to
Bill Smith

Eutectic Castolin sells them and supplies some plastics, ceramics and metal powders for "cold thermal spray". The torch is a gas hog and is expensive.

Colmonoy sells the torches but I don't know about cold spray powders from them. They are one of the largest suppliers of brazing powders and hard to beat on price.

Stoody used to have a division, check for it with the ThermalArc/Victor people.

The last one out there is Metco, a pretty big player.

Matt

Reply to
matthew maguire