back on the tools again as welder

Working in Devon, UK, as a welder. Making mainly quarrying equipment.
Good to be back in the Trade - is hard work, but good to be back
applying what I do know and learning a lot of what I didn't!
Most work is MIG / GMAW of structural steels. Standard is Coded while being basic structural.
FabCo's here still commonly use Ar-20%CO2-2%O2 ("Argoshield Heavy") - makes onset of spray transfer unclear and all hard work. In North America, you go for 10% to 15%CO2, so you can see and get clean spray kicking-in and use it for all heavy? While the CO2 is high enough for all penetration while on thinner stuff below spray min. - below about 4mm / 5/32nd-inch?
Rich Smith