best method for on site pipe welding

currently installing 3 and 4 inch vacuum piping system rooting with 6013 and cover pass with 7018 taking about 30 minutes per joint , looking for a way to speed this up

orbital welding head? innershield gmaw?

orbital is probably cost prohibitive, and some joints are fit poorly

would mig welding these joints be reliable?

they run about 25 inches of vacuum

Reply to
williamhenry

If this is indoors, then MIG or Dual-Shield would be much faster.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

thanks Ernie , you should be paid for all the help you post here

Reply to
williamhenry

"MES" wrote: You could use mig solid wire for your root then use a Dual shield for your cap ^^^^^^^^^^^ For people like me, who are still learning, could you explain why this is a good procedure? Thanks. I think there is a lot of good info buried in your reply.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Also, if the line has to be cleaned during the startup phase, the fluxless solid wire will save you time then.

Reply to
Rich Jones

this is a good procedure? Thanks. I think there is a lot of good

Something else from a clueless newbie?

How the heck do you pull 25 inches of vacuum if there are only 15 inches of pressure to start with?

I gotta be missing something somewhere...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Lamb

this is a good procedure? Thanks. I think there is a lot of good

Different units, in. of Hg vs. psi.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III